Reformatting of my < b > Android phone < /b > - Android forums

OK, so the reason why in the do this is is my phone for my fathers Gmail-account signed up and time to time signs his Gmail account and asks for the password and this issues as I reformat the Android market, so I wanted it gives me and with my Gmail account sign up once and for all access, but in the sorta fear, currently my living Samsung to an older version of its OS, could go back on Froyo.

I back up wanna all my apps, SMS and etc (I have no paid apps so all good), but I need apps for this, and someone can tell me how the backup would work if my phone gets completely deleted? where would the app secure things? I have a 4 gb sd card, I brought that, would back up app, you back up the files in the 4 gb card or somewhere else?

In a noob when its comes to android phones since its my first one, so someone can tell me what to do, and so on.
Thanks in advance